The University of Pikeville, Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine (KYCOM) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Associate Dean for Biomedical Sciences. The Associate Dean for Biomedical Sciences will report directly to the Dean of KYCOM and is responsible for the overall administration of the Department of Biomedical Science.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the Biomedical Sciences Curriculum in KYCOM Years 1 ansd 2.
- Biomedical faculty and staff evaluation and management.
- Participates in curriculum development and evaluation (KYCOM & KYCO).
- Teaches in the biomedical science curriculum.
- Prepares and recommends a departmental budget.
- Participates in Strategic planning for the University, KYCOM and KYCO.
- Coordinates with Course Directors to select clinical texts and equipment.
- Assists in the development of biomedical course schedules.
- Participates in integration of KYCOM biomedical science faculty teaching in other UPIKE health professions programs.
- Oversees the biomedical science research program and budget.
- Assists in the preparation of materials and documentation required for accreditation.
- Provides counseling and guidance to students.
- Serves on assigned KYCOM, KYCO, and UPIKE committees.
- Attends Commencement, White Coat Ceremony, new student orientation, and University of Pikeville Opening Convocation.
- Assists in the selection of students to attend KYCOM.
- Other duties as assigned by the KYCOM Dean.
- Earned Doctorate degree.
- Previous academic and administrative experience preferably with an osteopathic medical educational program.
- Must have excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, anticipatory problem solving and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work to complete assignments accurately and within reasonable timeframes.
- Must have current knowledge and skills in utilizing Microsoft Office Applications, including but not limited to Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to learn and utilize Learning Management Systems such as Canvas; and the University online platform and systems.
- Must demonstrate cooperation, courtesy, and consideration when working with professional community, KYCOM, KYCO and UPIKE communities, faculty, students, and the public.
- Must be able to work independently and also as a member of a team.
This position requires daily contact with co-workers, student workers, supervisor, college and university personnel, students, alumni, legal counsel, and external entities including, but not limited to the general public. These relationships are maintained through e-mail, telephone, written, and person-to-person contact.
The University of Pikeville offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. UPIKE offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, telemedicine, long-term disability, tuition waivers, a 403(b)-retirement plan, and HSA, FSA, and dependent care accounts. UPIKE also offers a generous holiday schedule and paid leave program.
Important Notes: Resume and other application materials will be reviewed to determine if you meet the required qualifications for the position. If it is determined that you meet the required qualifications, your application materials will be used to identify a top group of the most highly qualified candidates. Please, specifically address the qualifications, competencies and desired qualifications in your resume and application materials.
The University of Pikeville is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
The University of Pikeville is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. The University of Pikeville does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age or disabilities in its programs, activities, hiring, or the admission of students. Inquiries may be directed to the University of Pikeville Title IX Coordinator by calling 606-218-5344.
For more information about the University of Pikeville, please visit http://www.upike.edu. Interested applicants should complete the online application by visiting http://jobs.upike.edu. In addition to the application, interested applicants are requested to attach to their application a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three to five professional references.
More search results
Assistant/Associate/Professor of Neuroanatomy/Ana…
University of Pikeville
Assistant/Associate/Professor of Pharmacology
University of Pikeville
Assistant/Associate/Professor of Physiology
University of Pikeville
Have Time for it ALL - Your Patients and Your Lif…
Faculty Physician, MT Family Medicine Residency