- Ultimate desert playground for outdoor adventure!
- Job Type
- Full time
- Employment Type
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current active California physician MD/DO medical license
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school and completion of residency program in Dermatology
- Board Certified / Board Eligible in Dermatology
- Current DEA certificates (or in progress)
- Medicare credentialled provider in California or Eligible.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) & Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- 2 years of diagnosing skin conditions based on expertise in Dermatology
- Analyzing patient medical history as part of the diagnostic process
- Communicating with patients to help them understand their condition and possible treatments
- Using knowledge of clinical pharmacology to prescribe medication to patients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to empathize with patients
GENERAL JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively performs a physical examination and completion of medical history and physical.
- Assesses and interprets labs and other diagnostic test data
- Providing treatment plans and prescribing medications based on standards of care and professional practice guidelines
- Monitor the effectiveness of skin treatments and make necessary improvements or changes
- Reviews and initiates orders on patient's condition; and refers patient to other specialists as needed
- Communicate with assistants and other team members to ensure therapies are being administered properly
- Medication management and educating patients on test results and treatment plans
- Document all interventions and plan of care.
- Evaluating client suitability for medical, laser, aesthetic and other non-surgical cosmetic services Operating and maintaining the laser systems
- Promote a friendly, warm and exceptional customer experience
- Ensure safety of patients at all times
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; keeping patient information confidential.
- Abide by all HIPAA rules and regulations as put in place by Contour Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery Center
- Educate patients on the right ways to achieve healthy skin
- Treat every patient with respect and compassion and ensure compliance with current medical laws and ethics
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Attend all required staff meetings, trainings and participate in professional development opportunities
- Supervise up to two Nurse Practitioners
Contour with two physicians, four nurse practitioners, two registered nurses, three estheticians, a cosmetic consultant team, and a large support staff (receptionists, medical assistants, and billing team). We have a high-paced office, multiple locations, a patient base of 60,000+, and we are looking to further expand! Visit our website at www.contourderm.com
- Practice established in 2001
- State-of-the-art clinic in Rancho Mirage
- Four (4) locations in the Coachella Valley
- AAAASF Certified Surgical Suite
- Competitive Pay and Benefit Package
- Largest Collection of lasers and devices in the valley
- Involvement in clinical studies
- Excellent administrative and back office support to allow our providers to practice efficiently
ABOUT THE COACHELLA VALLEY:
The ultimate desert playground for outdoor adventure, arts and culture, gaming and entertainment. Whether you are planning a family vacation, looking to relocate, or want a golf getaway - Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, and La Quinta are “Fun in the Sun” year-round. Just 100 miles east of Los Angeles and 140 miles northeast of San Diego, the Palm Springs Valley spreads its verdant carpet across the desert floor between the Santa Rosa Mountains to the south and the snow-capped San Jacinto range on the west. The City of Rancho Mirage is a low-density, low-rise, high-quality resort community located in the heart of the beautiful Palm Springs Valley.