- University of the Incarnate Word
- San Antonio, TX
- Other specialty
- Job Type
- Full time
- Employment Type
Director of Assessment SOM
University of the Incarnate Word is a Catholic institution that welcomes to its community persons of diverse backgrounds, in the belief that their respectful interaction advances the discovery of truth, mutual understanding, self-realization, and the common good.
The Director of Assessment (DA) reports directly to the Associate Dean for Medical and Interprofessional Education, and is responsible for providing leadership and assistance in the development of methods of assessment and program evaluation at UIWSOM. The DA is a key member of the Office of Medical and Interprofessional Education leadership team and in concert with appropriate committees and UIW and SOM policies, coordinates assessment, evaluation, and special projects as assigned by the Dean and Associate Dean for Medical and Interprofessional Education. The DA will operate within the UIWSOM framework of lifelong learning through collaborative scholarship, innovative educational excellence and learner-centered curricula.
We offer Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave, UIW Tuition Waiver, Tuition Exchange Program, 13 Paid Holidays, Employer-Paid Basic Life/AD&D Insurance 1 X base salary, Employer- Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) - Medical/Dependent Care, Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (403B), Employee Assistance Program, Free Membership to Wellness Center, and more!
Job Duty Name
Description of Job Duties
• Provides operational oversight for Assessment, under the direction of the Associate Dean for Medical and Interprofessional Education in the Office of Medical and Interprofessional Education.Office of Medical and Interprofessional Education.
• Develops and maintains the systematic plan of evaluation and assessment for educational program at UIWSOM.
• Ensures timely completion of activities contained in the systematic plan of evaluation and assessment.
• Serves Ex Officio on the Assessment Subcommittee of the Curriculum Committee of UIWSOM.
• Responsible for organizing medical education research activities for the Office of Medical and Interprofessional Education.
• Builds structures to capture data for longitudinal reporting.
• Creates and administers surveys of alumni, residency directors, and employers.
• Prepares, reviews, and interprets data and makes recommendations to the Dean, Dean’s Council and Faculty Council as needed.
• Supervises the creation, collection and maintenance of data for program and accreditation reports.
• Participates in self-studies and other accreditation report writing and development.
• Assumes the role of Executive Proctor with the NBOME to support the medical education examination program.
• Develops and selects evaluation instruments, strategies, and rubrics to measure program outcomes and the effectiveness of the curriculum, teaching activities and learning services for the Office of Medical and Interprofessional Education.Office of Medical and Interprofessional Education.
• Develops and administers assessment instruments to assess program outcomes and prepares the analysis, interpretation, and reporting of results.
• Works collaboratively with the Director of Professional Development to produce faculty development sessions related to assessment and evaluation that enhance the delivery of the UIWSOM medical education curriculum.
• Trains faculty in effective student assessment including: understanding of student assessment methodologies, assessment tools/instruments and pedagogies that supports the medical education curriculum of UIWSOM.
• Trains faculty in the use of data to improve student learning.
• Prepares reports for the Office of Medical and Interprofessional Education. and outside sources that support medical education.
• Supports the Associate Dean for Medical and Interprofessional Education of with design and implementation of processes and procedures to support the rapid growth of a new medical school.
• Serves on committees as assigned.
• Participates in professional development activities to keep current in the field of medical education, assessment, evaluation, and research methodologies.
• Works collaboratively with curriculum phase and course directors and the Director of Medical Education.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. As such, the person holding this position will perform other duties as assigned by the Dean, or Associate Dean for Medical and Interprofessional Education of UIWSOM.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1. Demonstrate experience, knowledge, and skill in evaluation/assessment field.
2. Demonstrate knowledge and versatility in assessment.
3. Possess skills for providing administrative oversight, direction, leadership, and motivation for faculty and staff.
4. Outstanding organizational and verbal and written communication skills
5. Demonstrate intermediate skill level (or better) of data entry knowledge and computer skills including Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Sharepoint, Adobe, and Outlook.
6. Ability to work with confidential material with an attention to detail.
7. Ability to multi-task and problem solve innovatively, strategically prioritizing resources necessary for program support.
8. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team-based multi-cultural environment with dean’s staff, peers, and full-time and community-based faculty.
9. Strong conflict resolution skills.
10. Demonstrate effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
11. Commitment to social justice and values-driven medical education.
12. Ability to tolerate exposure to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
13. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.
14. May be required to transport oneself and others to other UIW offices, affiliated sites, and to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
15. Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
16. Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
Required Work Experience
1. Minimum of five years of experience in the field of Evaluation and Assessment in medical education or a health-related field, or articulate how other experience can be utilized effectively in medical education.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English in writing and orally and work collaboratively in complex interdisciplinary and interprofessional settings.
3. Demonstrated ability to engage and support diverse groups, and develop strong partnerships
1. PhD or EdD preferred in fields related to assessment or program evaluation in medical or health professional education
2. Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory, pedagogical approaches and assessment processes
3. Familiarity with COCA, LCME or other accrediting bodies
4. Demonstrated knowledge of creating, implementing and measuring student learning outcomes at the program and course levels
5. Experience leading diversified teams or committees related to curriculum or assessment
6. Experience in qualitative data analysis software
7. Experience in simulation, grant writing, technology-based instruction and evaluation, performance based assessment, instrument design, problem-based or team-based learning Experience in study design and statistical analysis using parametric and non-parametric techniques and tools
8. Demonstrated experience in learner assessment and program evaluation
9. Demonstrated project management skills
10. Demonstrated competency in decision making, organization and time management skills
11. Strong analytical and technical skills
12. Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills to various audiences.
13. Proven ability to work collaboratively and foster a team environment.
14. Proven ability to work independently and autonomously
15. Ability to handle sensitive situations and highly confidential information Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, SPSS or similar statistical package, Blackboard (or other learning management system), curriculum management systems (One45 or similar).
16. Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Work hours are typically between 8AM and 5PM with flexibility for some evening or weekend hours based on department needs.
Posting Number: AS744PO
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrator (exempt)
Desired Start Date: 04/16/2019
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Associate Dean Medical & Interprofessional Education
Open Date: 03/11/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/12002
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sex, gender, age, or religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Assistant/Associate/Professor of Neuroanatomy/Ana…
University of Pikeville
Assistant/Associate/Professor of Pharmacology
University of Pikeville
Assistant/Associate/Professor of Physiology
University of Pikeville
Have Time for it ALL - Your Patients and Your Lif…
Faculty Physician, MT Family Medicine Residency