- Comprehensive Care
- Northwest Indiana
- Osteopathic Physician
- Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Job Type
- Full time
- Employment Type
- Employed, Education-Faculty
Comprehensive Care is the leading provider of Occupational Medical Services in Northwest Indiana. We have built our reputation by providing an exceptional hands on approach to healthcare. Comprehensive Care is looking for an Osteopathic Physician to join our team. As a physician you will be able to use your Osteopathic training to help diagnose and treat our patients and return them to full unrestricted function in a manner that is proven to have the highest level of patient and employer satisfaction. We are located just over the Illinois Indiana border and 25 miles from downtown Chicago.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. You will be working alongside other physicians, medical professionals and client companies that will challenge you to problem solve and utilize your skills.
- Graduate of an accredited Osteopathic university (DO degree)
- Current license to practice medicine in Indiana or the ability to obtain an unrestricted Medical License through the State Board of Medicine
- Unrestricted DEA license
- Board certification or Board eligibility in a primary care specialty (Occupational Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Emergency Medicine).
- MRO Certification and NRCME certification (DOT) is preferred but not required
- Must be comfortable with Osteopathic approach to diagnosis and management of injuries
- Analytical and detail-oriented problem solver with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to help others are also essential to the success of the clinic.
- Post hire certification is available for qualified candidates.
- Provide urgent medical care and injury treatment
- Perform procedures including laceration repair and minor orthopedic[FM1] procedures
- Manage the recovery and or rehabilitation of injuries.
- Select, order, perform and interpret tests and other diagnostics to provide information on patient condition and augment physical findings and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness and injury.
- Provide referrals to medical specialists when appropriate.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results and prescribed treatments with patients.
- Perform routine physical exams and assessments (Routine, CDME, HAZMAT, etc.)
- Notate findings to insure that government mandates for quality, meaningful use of electronic medical recording and value are maximized.
- No previous occupational medicine experience required but it is a plus.
As a member of Comprehensive Care, you'll enjoy a compensation plan that includes a competitive base, plus the benefits of:
- Day time hours only (No Call)
- Zero Hospital Rounds
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Medical Malpractice Insurance
- 401(k): Employer contributes 3% to 401(K) (Employer contributes 3% based on salary regardless of employee participation)
- CME allowance and time
- Training provided in our Occupational Medical Model
- 25 Miles from Downtown Chicago
More search results
Family Medicine Opportunity in Sheboygan, WI
Family Medicine need just North of Pittsburgh
Enterprise Medical Services
Family Medicine | Outpatient Only | Iowa
Elevate Healthcare Consultants
Primary Care Physician
PRIMARY CARE OPPORTUNITIES IN CENTRAL NEW YORK - …
Mohawk Valley Health System