Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Type: Regular Full-Time
The Department of Primary Care Medicine (PCM) at Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Southern Utah (RVUCOM-SU) invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track faculty position in the Department of PCM. All applicants are required to submit a curriculum vitae, letter of interest, and salary requirements.
RVUCOM-SU is committed to the education of osteopathic physicians who are dedicated to excellence in the practice of medicine, and who demonstrate integrity and professionalism in their lives while providing ethical, compassionate, holistic, and culturally competent osteopathic medical care to their patients.
The RVUCOM-SU campus is located on 30 acres in Ivins, Utah overlooking the majestic Red Rock Mountains. Ivins is in the southwest corner of the state which is a popular tourist destination due to its proximity to many state and national parks along with a temperate and dry climate which contributes to over 300 days of sunshine yearly. The mild winters and hot summers provide residents with year-round outdoor weather and opportunities to explore.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To be an active faculty member in the Department of Primary Care Medicine through participation in teaching, clinical work, service, and scholarly activities at RVUCOM-Southern Utah.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Actively participate in the education and instruction of medical students, while providing mentorship and motivation for learning, research, and scholarly activity in classroom environments, clinical settings, active learning groups, laboratory experience, and research opportunities.
- Provide professional and clinical services in ascertained clinical settings consistent with training and degree as assigned by administration and chair. This includes accurate and timely documentation and billing for services, as well as sharing call and other after-hour duties related to patient care.
- Maintain regular office hours for student advising, tutoring, and consultation.
- Provide service to the university community and students through serving on COM and department committees, and participating in community outreach events and in professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Department Vice Chair or Department Chair.
- Participate in curriculum development, assessment and modification.
- Participate in the assessment and evaluation of students, as well as provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that each student meets the college's established standards in medical knowledge, skills and competency.
- Participate in the faculty development program, which includes assessing and providing feedback on the didactics delivered by fellow faculty members.
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan and portfolio, including documentation of teaching, professional development activities and plans, service provided to college and community, scholarly activity, and research.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff.
- Demonstrate adaptability and willingness to assist RVU in fulfilling its mission and vision though teaching, academic administrative duties, providing patient care, service, other special duties as assigned, and in your own personal career advancement.
- Provide clinical care at the neighboring Southern Utah Veteran's Home as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the SU Campus Dean or his/her designee.
- Terminal degree (MD or DO) with current Board Certification in appropriate area of specialization.
- Academic and teaching experience at a medical school or in a Graduate Medical Education program.
- Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the areas of clinical or professional service, scholarly activity, medical research or education.
- Eligible for medical license and all required certificates in the state of Utah.
- Eligible for coverage by university's malpractice insurer if applicable.
- Academic and teaching experience at a college of osteopathic medicine.
- More than 2 (two) years of academic or clinical teaching experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and administrative experience in clinical, professional or educational settings.
- Prior experience and proficiency in geriatric medicine, nursing home care, and/or hospital medicine.
Final applicants will be required to pass drug test and background check.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
More search results
Assistant/Associate/Professor of Neuroanatomy/Ana…
University of Pikeville
Assistant/Associate/Professor of Pharmacology
University of Pikeville
Assistant/Associate/Professor of Physiology
University of Pikeville
Have Time for it ALL - Your Patients and Your Lif…
Faculty Physician, MT Family Medicine Residency