Associate Dean of Clinical Education
- Rocky Vista University
- Parker, Colorado
- Other specialty
- Job Type
- Full time
- Employment Type
Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO is conducting a search for an
Associate Dean of Clinical Education.
RVU offers a full benefit package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a letter of interest, CV and salary requirement.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Associate Dean of Clinical Education is the principal clinical administrative officer responsible for the development, management, and supervision of the Department of Clinical Education and its role in meeting RVUCOM's mission in the clinical training years. This includes program development and implementation, delivery of osteopathic curriculum and assessment, creation and enforcement of policies and procedures, recruitment and development of clinical preceptors, budget preparation and management, and collaboration with internal and external staff, faculty, and/or administrators.
DIRECT REPORTS: Regional Directors of Clinical Education
Site Directors of Clinical Education
Clinical Education Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direction, guidance, and supervision to clerkship directors, regional directors, site directors, adjunct faculty, staff and students in planning, developing and implementing the RVUCOM clinical training program in the clinical years.
- Provide the supervisory oversight for all clinical externship training sites, including quality of clinical experiences, patient care volume, and quality clinical preceptors.
- Develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures for operations of the department, disciplinary measures for students, remediation plans and programs for students, professionalism and communication expectations.
- Evaluate need-based purchases and services and oversee budgets for the Clinical Education Department including salaries, educational material, faculty development, telecommunication and audio-visual resources, travel, stipends, food, on campus and off campus events, and any other departmental financial requirements.
- Collaborate with other RVU departments and programs (eg PA, MSBS) to ensure all aspects of RVU's vision and mission are achieved, which includes vertical integration of the curriculum, open communication and integration of student clinical externship assignments from other RVU programs (eg. PA), and sharing of clinical education resources as necessary.
- Participate in university service (interviewing applicants, serving on committees, etc) and other duties assigned by the Dean.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist administration, faculty and staff in special projects as required.
- Participate in community and professional outreach activities on behalf of the college and the university.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the medical education system
- Demonstrate knowledge of undergraduate and graduate medical education
- Possess expert proficiency in reading, writing, and communication skills
- Possess proficiency in negotiations
- D.O. or M.D. degree from an AOA or LCME accredited medical school
- At least 3 years of academic experience as faculty of a medical school or graduate medical education program.
- At least 3 years of academic experience as a department chair, assistant or associated dean, DME, program director or equivalent leadership experience.
- Demonstrations of professional involvement and leadership
- Demonstrations of scholarly activity, research, service to public or profession.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
More search results
Assistant/Associate Professor of Family Medicine …
University of Pikeville
Licensed Mental Health Therapist/Counselor - LLP …
Clinton St. Counseling
Occupational Medicine Physician
Crozer Keystone Health Network
FAMILY MEDICINE - Brush, Colorado: Full Scope - F…