Assistant/Associate Professor of Family Medicine & Osteopathic Principles & Practice
- University of Pikeville
- Pikeville, Kentucky
- Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
- Job Type
- Full time
- Employment Type
The University of Pikeville, Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine (KYCOM) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Family Medicine and Osteopathic Principles and Practice. This full-time position is under the supervision of the Chair of the Department of Osteopathic Principles and Practice and the Chair of the Department of Family Medicine. This position is a shared position and has a faculty appointment in both the Departments of Family Medicine and Osteopathic Principles and Practice with direct responsibility for teaching, osteopathic clinical research, and service in the Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine (KYCOM).
- Responsible for teaching in those courses and associated labs within the Department of Family Medicine and the Department of Osteopathic Principles and Practice, as assigned by the respective chairs.
- Participates in and recommends curriculum development and evaluation.
- Assists in the preparation of course syllabi, objectives, lecture schedules, and testing procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of materials and documentation required for continued accreditation of the school by the American Osteopathic Association -COCA and other accrediting agencies.
- Actively serves on appointed KYCOM Faculty and UPIKE Committees.
- Provides clinical services as directed by the Department Chairs and Dean, which would be associated with family medicine and/or osteopathic manipulative medicine.
- Provides counseling, advising and guidance to students.
- Responsible for other duties as directed by the Dean.
- Must have earned a D.O. degree from an American Osteopathic Association COCA-accredited college/school of osteopathic medicine.
- Must be eligible for and maintain an unrestricted Kentucky medical/osteopathic license and obtain that license within 180 days of initial employment.
- Must be board certified by AOBFP and/or AOBNMM (or equivalent).
- Current and unrestricted DEA certificate.
- Previous research and academic/clinical experience are desirable.
- Must have excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, anticipatory problem solving and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work to complete assignments accurately and within reasonable timeframes.
- Must have current knowledge and skills in utilizing Microsoft Office Applications, including but not limited to Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to learn and utilize Learning Management Systems such as Canvas; and the University online platform and systems.
- Must demonstrate cooperation, courtesy, and consideration when working with the professional community, KYCOM and UPIKE communities, faculty, students, and the public.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team.
This position requires daily professional contact with faculty, staff, supervisor, campus departments, and students. These relationships are maintained through e-mail, telephone, and person-to-person contact.
The University of Pikeville offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. UPIKE offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, telemedicine, long-term disability, tuition waivers, a 403(b)-retirement plan, and HSA, FSA, and dependent care accounts. UPIKE also offers a generous holiday schedule and paid leave program.
Important Notes: Resume and other application materials will be reviewed to determine if you meet the required qualifications for the position. If it is determined that you meet the required qualifications, your application materials will be used to identify a top group of the most highly qualified candidates. Please, specifically address the qualifications, competencies and desired qualifications in your resume and application materials.
The University of Pikeville is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
The University of Pikeville is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. The University of Pikeville does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age or disabilities in its programs, activities, hiring, or the admission of students. Inquiries may be directed to the University of Pikeville Title IX Coordinator by calling 606-218-5344.
For more information about the University of Pikeville, please visit http://www.upike.edu. Interested applicants should complete the online application by visiting http://jobs.upike.edu. In addition to the application, interested applicants are requested to attach to their application a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three to five professional references.
More search results
Copy of OMT/NMM Physician
Berkshire Health Systems
Copy of Family Medicine/OMT Opportunity
Berkshire Health Systems
Associate Dean, Clinical Education
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
Physician, Family Medicine
Union Hospital of Cecil County, MD
Occupational Medicine Physician
Crozer Keystone Health Network