Assistant or Associate Professor of Anatomy
The University of Pikeville and Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine (KYCOM) is currently seeking an Assistant or Associate Professor of Anatomy. KYCOM is ranked #1 by US News and World Report in medical schools with the most graduates practicing in rural areas and #5 in medical schools with the most graduates in practicing primary care. With nearly 550 students, faculty and staff are committed to teaching and learning, innovation, and the success of medical education.
This full-time position is under the supervision of the Associate Dean for Biomedical Sciences, with direct responsibility for teaching, scholarly activity/research and service in the discipline of Anatomy. While the primary faculty appointment is in the Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine, there may also be a secondary faculty appointment in the Kentucky College of Optometry. Applicants must have a strong commitment to teaching in a university setting and the ability to work effectively with others in a collegial environment dedicated to student learning.
- Teaching one or more of the Anatomical Science courses (Gross Anatomy, Histology, Embryology, Neuroscience) and includes preparation of lectures, lecture notes, learning objectives, PowerPoint slides, exam questions, and syllabi.
- Participates in and recommends curriculum development and evaluation.
- Engages in research and other scholarly activities.
- Provides counseling and guidance for the students.
- Serves on assigned Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine (KYCOM), Kentucky College of Optometry (KYCO), and the University of Pikeville committees.
- Attends university events such as Commencement, White Coat Ceremony, new student orientation, and University of Pikeville Opening Convocation.
- Participates in Faculty Development.
- Assists in the selection of students to attend KYCOM.
- Establishes mutual respect with students through effective and timely communication including expectations, deadlines, and feedback on work completed.
- Other duties as assigned by the KYCOM Dean.
- PhD in Anatomy or closely related field.
Position requires daily professional contact with faculty, staff, supervisor, campus departments, and students. These relationships are maintained through e-mail, telephone, and person-to-person contact.
The University of Pikeville offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. UPIKE offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, telemedicine, long-term disability, tuition waivers, a 403(b)-retirement plan, and HSA, FSA, and dependent care accounts. UPIKE also offers a generous holiday schedule and paid leave program.
Important Notes: Resume and other application materials will be reviewed to determine if you meet the required qualifications for the position. If it is determined that you meet the required qualifications, your application materials will be used to identify a top group of the most highly qualified candidates. Please, specifically address the qualifications, competencies and desired qualifications in your resume and application materials.
The University of Pikeville is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
The University of Pikeville is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. The University of Pikeville does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age or disabilities in its programs, activities, hiring, or the admission of students.
For more information about the University of Pikeville, please visit http://www.upike.edu. Interested applicants should complete the online application by visiting http://jobs.upike.edu. In addition to the application, interested applicants are requested to attach to their application a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three to five professional references.
More search results
Discipline Chair for Internal Medicine
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
Department Chair for Clinical Sciences
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Faculty Join a …
Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Faculty Position
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine
Osteopathic Principles and Practices Faculty
West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine