Family Medicine/OMM Faculty
- Auburn, AL
- Family Medicine, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
- Job Type
- Full time
- Employment Type
The position of Family Medicine/OMM Faculty participates in the organization and delivery of the educational and research programs related to family medicine, osteopathic manipulative medicine and primary care at the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine, Louisiana Campus. This position encompasses educational, clinical and research components.
- Participate in the planning and the delivery of the Family Medicine, Primary Care/ OMM Curriculum for years OMS 1 and 2, including:
- On-campus PPC/OMM lecture and lab sessions each Tuesday and Thursday.
- Standardized patient training, testing, and grading in your discipline.
- Provide clinical and OMM teaching of VCOM students (OMS 3 and 4) and precepting of residents in an OMM practice at an affiliated clinical site; in person and through approaches including but not limited to: VCOM TV, telecommunications and faculty development/CME programs.
- Assist the Discipline Chair of Family Medicine and the Discipline Chair of OMM with the development and integration of the OMM and Primary Care curricula.
- Other duties that fall within the administration of the Physician’s discipline as agreed upon from time to time with the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs and/or the Campus Dean.
- Participate in faculty development and faculty meetings.
- Represent the College in a positive and productive manner in areas assigned by the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs and/or the Campus Dean.
- Obtain/maintain literacy in your field.
- Be familiar with and adhere to the administrative and academic practices, policies and procedures of the College as set forth in the Faculty Handbook, College Catalog and College Policies Manual.
- Submit an annual Faculty Activity Report.
- Perform all duties as outlined in the employment contract.
- Participate in committees and prospective student interviews as assigned by the Dean.
Education: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) or Medical Doctor (MD)
Licensure or certification: State License
Experience: Residency Completion (field of specialty rotation or equivalent credentials); Board Eligible/Board Certified; clinical practice experience in specialty field; experience with the education of medical students and/or residents in an academic setting
Other skills important to this position:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong team player
- Commitment to company values
- Basic computer proficiency
Preferences may be given to applicants who possess any or all of the following skills or attributes:
- General knowledge in primary care and rural medicine
- Current proficiency (or ability to develop proficiency) in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine theory and techniques
- Prior teaching experience in classroom or in clinical setting
- Demonstrated ability to achieve proficiency in academics and research
Successful candidate will be subject to a criminal history background check.
Regular, reliable, or predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Working Conditions and Efforts: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position requires a rapid pace, some days with long hours to meet expectations, long distance driving to rural sites, and the ability to organize, interpret, and utilize a large volume of information.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to ambulate (may be with use of assisted devices); sit; stand (or accommodate for standing); use hands and vision for teaching the osteopathic examination and for teaching / providing treatment; use office equipment such as computers; speak to large and small groups of individuals for teaching; hear heart sounds, lung sounds and conversation for the purpose of teaching students how to hear and interpret those sounds and for practice; perform moderate telephone and Polycom communication / usage; occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; drive distances up to five hours or to fly on occasion to clinical sites, depending upon the location of the core teaching hospitals.
Work environment: Office, clinical practice, classroom, laboratory, clinical skills teaching environments and clinical sites constitute working environments. Outside travel required is 15% to 20% of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.The pace of the work requires a rapid pace to synthesize and organize large volumes of material, while includes those required for clinical practice and clinical teaching and prioritizing duties.
This position is classified as exempt, at the Professional level, because it requires the advanced knowledge of a “learned professional” in which to meet the job duty requirements.
Employment with VCOM is “at-will”. This means employment is for an indefinite period of time and it is subject to termination by the employee or by VCOM, with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. Nothing in this position description or any other policy of VCOM shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way, the “at-will” employment status of VCOM employees.
VCOM Core Values: The employee is expected to adhere to all VCOM polices. As the environment is a professional college, the VCOM faculty/ staff are expected to dress and behave in a professional manner at work. The VCOM faculty / staff are also expected to as a VCOM employee to be a person who follows all laws and professional expectations of an upstanding citizen of the community. VCOM expects all employees to maintain a positive attitude in all working relationships with all VCOM departments, employees, medical students, prospective medical students, interns and residents and to treat all others engaged in the duties of the employment, with mutual respect.
I am notified that the College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or disability.
I have been made aware of the College’s most recent campus safety report, the location of the college policies and procedures document, and the appropriate handbook for my position. I recognize my responsibility to be aware of the policies and procedures and I am in agreement to follow the policies and procedures as written.
I have read and understand this explanation and job description. I also understand that the job duties and description or the existence of the need for the position may be changed at any time as required by the College where growth of the institution or change in direction of the institution may change the duties of my department or the need for the position.
More search results
Full-Time Urgent Care Physician Needed - CareNow-…
CareNow/HCA Urgent Care
Sports Medicine Orthopaedic Surgery Opportunity i…
Penn State Health
Seeking Osteopathic Physician
Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education
Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
University of the Incarnate Word