Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Faculty (Clinician Educator)
- Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Family Medicine, Internal Medicine
- New Mexico
- Job Type
- Full time
- Employment Type
The Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM) affiliated with New Mexico State University, a private college of osteopathic medicine in Las Cruces, New Mexico, seeks applications from experienced and enthusiastic professionals for the position of Clinical Faculty/ Teaching Physician.
We are searching for a motivated, compassionate faculty member that enjoys clinical teaching for a medical school currently enrolled with its first four years of medical students.
Teaching experience is favored, but new graduates are also encouraged to apply. Lecture presentations and teaching student labs are equally shared by all faculty across the four years of the curriculum. The ideal candidate will be well prepared to engage students both in a traditional lecture and a small group lab. The position involved working with students and the faculty as a team member. The candidate’s specialty will also utilize in other clinical courses.
The candidate should be a person who is passionate about teaching and creative curricular development and enjoys working with faculty members and medical students. The candidate is expected to collaborate in the development and implementation of skill based, small group, lecture-based assessment, and Medical Teaching. They also work in conjunction with the appropriate Course Directors, Department Chairs, and Assoc./Assist. Deans to ensure these experiences align with curricular needs.
Duration: This is a one-year full-time appointment, with longer renewal options.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to the Chair of the Department of Clinical Medicine, collaboratively teaches, develops, and implements the teaching of clinical skills to include small group teaching skills in clinical topics.
- Responsible for assessing student presentations, physical exams, SOAP notes, and student interviewing.
- Participating in curricular development and conducting lectures when needed.
- Assists in identifying the learning needs of students, meeting with students for academic concerns, designing lesson plans, and testing.
- Research is not required, but the candidate is expected to support research initiatives by others, and demonstrate behavior consistent with the strategic vision and mission of the organization.
- Follows policies, procedures, and practices consistent with the vision and mission of the College.
- Maintains proficiency in the specialty of their choosing and supports clinical Osteopathic basic theory.
- Monitors the consistency and quality of assessment and examination.
- Maintains good working relationships; approaches conflict resolution in a constructive manner; helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, and employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Not responsible for private clinical work unless desired. No call required in this position.
- The ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions.
- Advanced interpersonal skills are necessary to effectively communicate complex theoretical and technical concepts effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Respectable analytical and computer skills to manage teaching materials.
- Advanced analytical skills are necessary to develop sound recommendations and assist in implementing improved delivery of care systems, policies and procedures, evaluating clinical practice outcomes, and developing educational programs.
- Ability to work with and lead multidisciplinary teams in initiatives to facilitate implementation and measurement activities.
- Ability to integrate information across myriad settings with the goal of standardization (when appropriate), simplification, and reduction of non-value-added work and steps
- MD Degree or DO Degree
- Completion of Residency is required and must be board certified or board eligible, if within the first 2 years out of residency.
- Promotes an appropriate climate for creativity, collaboration, inquiry, and diversity, and ability to work with people from all backgrounds consistent with the mission of the institution.
- Prior experience in lecturing and small group teaching to osteopathic medical students preferred.
- Interest in curricular design and implementation with prior experience in course development and education methodology preferred.
- Willingness to learn and develop as an educator with some of our experienced educators.
- Experience in academic leadership or medical simulation
Note: Applicants must currently be authorized to lawfully work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience. EOE.
Applications should be submitted by electronic submission (online application via MyStaffingPro) to the Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine Office of Human Resources, see link below or visit the Career Opportunities page on the Burrell website.
Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine is an equal opportunity employer
and values diversity in our faculty and staff as an important aspect of the educational process.
BCOM encourages individuals with varied backgrounds and experience to apply.
More search results
Assistant or Associate Dean of Pre-Clinical Educa…
Rocky Vista University
Assistant Dean of Clinical Education & GME
Rocky Vista University
Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Faculty Position
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine
Rutgers Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship (RPIF)
BC / BE Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and/or…