- Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
- Bangor, Maine
- Family Medicine, Rural Medicine
- Job Type
- Full time
- Employment Type
- Employed, Education-Faculty
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center's Family Medicine Residency program
is seeking a Full-Spectrum, Board-Certified Family Medicine Physician to join our dynamic faculty!
NL EMMC’s Family Medicine Residency program offers a “best of both worlds” place to teach and learn Family Medicine: a tertiary care, big-city size and quality hospital with an unopposed, rural medicine training focus, and leadership rooted in Family Medicine and heavily invested in the success of the program.
Our Family Medicine Residency Program with Osteopathic recognition offers a full-spectrum family medicine curriculum including excellent inpatient and outpatient experience in both obstetrics and pediatrics as well as a range of Specialty Clinics and unique elective rotation opportunities. Our program boasts a uniquely different, yet complementary team comprised of:
- 11 Faculty Family Physicians
- 1 Board-Certified Pediatrician
- 1 Certified Nurse-Midwife
- 1 Pharmacist
- 5 Integrated Behavioral Health Specialists
- 2 FNPS
Our faculty have a small clinical practice and can devote over 70% of their time to teaching and pursuing a range of diverse interests. We offer a strong and flexible faculty development plan and foster a supportive environment. With a fourth-year residency in ONMM3 and additional fellowships in Palliative Care and Arts and Humanities in Medicine as well as a Clinical Research Department at EMMC, opportunity abounds!
About the Residency program:
- Unopposed 10-10-10 ACGME accredited program
- Based at Eastern Maine Medical Center, a 411-bed level II trauma center/non-profit hospital that serves as the referral center for northern and eastern Maine.
- Specialty clinics within our Family Medicine Residency Clinic (Procedures, Skin Cancer, Gynecology, Colposcopy, Psychiatry, and Multidisciplinary Concussion Clinics
- Our 12 Faculty Members hold the following Board-Certifications:
- 4 Board Certified Family Physicians all Fellows of the AAFP
- 1 dually Board-Certified Family Medicine and Psychiatry Faculty
- 3 OB Fellowship Trained Board-Certified Family Physicians
- 3 OMM/NMM Fellowship Trained Board-Certified Osteopathic Faculty
- 1 Board-Certified Pediatrician
- 1 Behavioral Health Director
- Time is spent between the Family Medicine clinic and working directly with the residents in the inpatient and outpatient settings
- Robust compensation and benefits package
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation bonus
- Student loan reimbursement programs – with no maximum benefit
- Generous Paid Time Off and Professional Development Allowance
Bangor, Maine offers it all ...
- Opportunity to enjoy generous vacation time in the great outdoors: sea kayak or bike in Acadia National Park, downhill ski at Sugarloaf, hike Mt. Katahdin, fly fish in Baxter State Park, white water raft the Penobscot River!Peace of mind – live in a family friendly, community oriented and vibrant small city
- Regional hub for medicine, the arts and commerce
- Schools rank among New England's best
- Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations
- University of Maine's flagship campus located in nearby Orono provides plentiful opportunity to enjoy the arts, athletics and ongoing learning
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center, a member of Northern Light Health, is a 411 bed, regional tertiary care and ACS verified level II trauma center serving a patient population of 500,000 living in the northern 2/3 of the state's geography. The hospital is a base for Life Flight of Maine, a critical care air transportation service flying nearly 900 missions per year.
Learn more about our Residency Program here: https://northernlighthealth.org/familymedicineresidency
Tour of the Bangor area by two Family Medicine Residency Faculty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlujBlUpZG0&t=1017s
For confidential consideration or more information, please contact:
Kelsey Anderson, LCSW - Provider Recruiter
More search results
Urgent Care Opportunities!
St. Luke's University Health Network
SOMA - Regional Director of Medical Education, As…
A.T. Still University
Board-Certified Family Medicine Geriatrician with…
Board Certified Interventional Cardiologist Oak H…
Galesburg, IL, is seeking a BE/BC Urologist qu