Associate Dean for Clinical Education (GME) at Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM), one of the nation's newest medical schools, is seeking an academic physician leader for a new administrative leadership position designed to support and oversee the entire spectrum of clinical educational programs. The Associate Dean for Clinical Education (GME) will play a pivotal role enhancing student clinical experiences during their undergraduate medical education (UME) and will help drive the development and growth of various graduate medical education (GME) programs offered at LUCOM. The successful candidate will be a versatile, collaborative, and outcomes-oriented leader with significant experience in curriculum and learning outcomes, as well as a demonstrated history of successfully leading organizational units. Physician candidates with a minimum of 5 years of academic leadership experience in the context of a medical school environment as a Department Chair, Assistant or Associate Dean, GME Program Director, or equivalent experience in UME or GME are encouraged to apply.
LUCOM has designed a world-class, student-centered curriculum that is distinctively Christian. Our goal is to train community-based physicians with a mission to provide quality medical access for underserved patients.
Enjoy the Liberty difference. In this role, you’ll appreciate:
- A solid and successful infrastructure upon which to build - a 99.2% match rate for students in 2020
- A service-oriented culture within our student body, faculty, and senior leadership team
- An opportunity to influence and innovate medical education in the central Virginia region, while achieving desired goals in alignment with the university and medical school vision
- An ability to capitalize on positive momentum and exponential growth plans - help us launch our next phase with innovation, passion, and a focus on excellence
Small-City Comforts, Big-City Amenities — Lynchburg, Virginia
The moment you arrive in beautiful Lynchburg, you’ll feel right at home. The authentic Southern hospitality and charm create a sense of belonging for residents and visitors alike. This vibrant, artistic, and welcoming community is perfect for students, professionals, and families.
- Cost of living 17% lower than the national average
- Upscale dining and live music venues downtown offer the breathtaking backdrops of the James River and Blue Ridge Mountains
- An abundance of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing, camping, and skiing
- Variety of affordable housing options— from refurbed-buildings-turned condos, to Victorian mansions on tree-lined streets, or horse farms just outside the city
- Easy access to major metro areas, including Richmond, Charlotte, and D.C.
Liberty in Lynchburg. There’s no place we’d rather be. We think you’ll agree.
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Kendra Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-406-0269 and reference AD-133201
More search results
Urgent Care Opportunities!
St. Luke's University Health Network
SOMA - Regional Director of Medical Education, As…
A.T. Still University
Chair of OMM Department
Touro University California
Board-Certified Family Medicine Geriatrician with…
Academic Faculty Opportunity - Osteopathic Family…