Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM), one of the nation's newest medical schools, is seeking an academic physician leader for an administrative leadership position overseeing academic operations of the medical school. The Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs will play a pivotal role enhancing student pre-clinical curriculum and student educational experiences while driving student and faculty engagement in scholarly work and research. The successful candidate will be a collaborative and outcomes-oriented leader with significant experience in the evaluation of curriculum and learning outcomes, scholarly publication and research, and a demonstrated history of successfully leading multiple complex organizational units. Physician candidates with a minimum of 5 years of academic leadership experience in the context of a medical school environment as a Department Chair, Assistant or Associate Dean, or equivalent experience in UME or GME are encouraged to apply.
Help us shape the Liberty difference.
LUCOM has designed a world-class, student-centered curriculum that is distinctively Christian. Our goal is to train community-based physicians with a mission to provide quality medical access for underserved patients.
- Oversee an impressive and collegial team of servant-hearted leaders within the Office of Medical Education, Biomedical Science Departments, Center for Research, and Medical Library
- Lead the evaluation and design of the current curriculum to provide a richer foundation for students and further improve learning outcomes in a new generation of learners
- Influence and innovate medical education in the central Virginia region, while achieving desired goals in alignment with the university and medical school vision
Small-City Comforts, Big-City Amenities — Lynchburg, Virginia
The moment you arrive in beautiful Lynchburg, you’ll feel right at home. The authentic Southern hospitality and charm create a sense of belonging for residents and visitors alike. This vibrant, artistic, and welcoming community is perfect for students, professionals, and families.
- Cost of living 17% lower than the national average
- Upscale dining and live music venues downtown offer the breathtaking backdrops of the James River and Blue Ridge Mountains
- An abundance of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing, camping, and skiing
- Variety of affordable housing options— from refurbed-buildings-turned condos, to Victorian mansions on tree-lined streets, or horse farms just outside the city
- Easy access to major metro areas, including Richmond, Charlotte, and D.C.
Liberty in Lynchburg. There’s no place we’d rather be. We think you’ll agree.
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Kendra Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-406-0269 and reference SAD-133202
More search results
Chair of OMM Department
Touro University California
Assistant/Associate Dean for Admissions and Stude…
Associate Dean for Clinical Education (GME) at Li…
Full Time Physician Advisor - Palm Springs, CA
(361-bed) in Vicksburg, MS is seeking a BC/BE Gen…