Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
The Associate Dean of Academic Affairs (ADAA) is responsible for leading the implementation and coordination of all academic functions. The ADAA provides curricular oversight, directs the academic support functions, and conducts continuous review of student and faculty performance. This individual is focused on years 1 and 2 of the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine curriculum as well as ensuring the integration of biomedical and clinical sciences occurs across all four years of the ICOM curriculum. In collaboration with others, monitors the effectiveness of existing programs, technology and services and works to promote and foster an effective learning environment on and off campus that supports academic excellence.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and direct the Office of Academic Affairs to align with organizational goals and objectives.
- Promote communication and cooperation among ICOM divisions to create a spirit of unity in the organization.
- Analyze performance data for trends to prepare necessary changes in the curriculum and to prepare for successful performance on COMLEX-USA and on clinical rotations.
- Monitor student progression primarily through years 1 and 2.
- Oversee ongoing operations related to the delivery and evaluation of curriculum, student testing, and various program and system reporting for years 1 and 2.
- Manage and direct staff employees and oversee critical department functions including oversight of the Learning Management System and curriculum mapping efforts.
- Serve as a resource to faculty advisors. Provide mentoring, training and support for other faculty to improve instruction across the curriculum. Monitor faculty workload and annually prepare the Faculty Adequacy Model.
- Where appropriate, the ADAA should deliver instruction to the medical students in his or her area of expertise to gain a better understanding of the ICOM educational process.
- Annually prepare department’s budget, and provide oversight for course and supervising department budgets.
- Continuously review and update the Faculty Handbook, policies, procedures and manuals and ensure appropriate posting and publication.
More search results
Academic Faculty Opportunity - Osteopathic Family…
Assistant/Associate Dean of Clinical Education (B…
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Family Medicine Residency - Program Faculty
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Senior Associate Dean
University of Missouri
Associate Dean for Clinical Education (GME) at Li…